Friday 11 June 2010

The Summer Fat Loss Challenge

Ok, here we are in mid June. How many of you in the passed few days have thought, "you know I'd really love to drop a few pounds for the summer"?

Well, you are not the only one, I too, and no doubt a few of you readers are thinking the same. So my challenge is, that provided you are in good health and have no medical problems, high blood pressure, diabetes etc., is to join me in this diet.

Oops, there I said it, "diet". First let me say don't count calories, do not miss meals, just for at least the next 2 weeks, change your eating habits and humour me by playing this game. Without getting too technical, it's called ketosis, I first was told about this from my Coach as he often prescribed it for competitive fighters. I have just recently found out it is remarkably similar to an Atkins Diet variant. It has worked for me in the past but I am aiming to have a little fun and spread the word. Remember though, consider this next section as a challenge of will, are you willing to stick to this 100%? Your will must be strong. Mind you in the same breath if you witness, feel, or show any side effects, Stop and return to normal. If it works for you, you may want to relax the diet for a week or so and repeat this cycle, but be mindful of your non diet weeks not to put on the fat again!!!

Ok, here we go:-

1. No cakes, no chocolate, no crisps, no chips, no biscuits even if they say low calorie or diet whatever! In fact this should be you new rule for life!
2. No carbohydrates!!! No pasta, no potatoes, no cereal, no rolls, no rice, no matter if it's special low GI, low cal, low fat, space food! NO!
3. Don't skip any meals. Try and take 5 or 6 per day, even if it means eat half now and the remaining half 2 hours from now.
4. Eat vegetables but cut down if not cut out fruit (contain too much sugars).
5. Eat more proteins, meat, fish, chicken, cheese, eggs and nuts. Ok, they do contain more fats but they help your body and provide energy in the absence of carbohydrate.
6. Finally get at least 30-60 minutes of high effort exercise 3 days a week, now that is high effort on your scale, not mine, not your friends, not some film star, your high effort! But come on I don't mean a leisurely stroll around the equipment with your friends down at the local Curves gym or for that matter any other gym. Get your ass in gear and get looking for the burn!!! If you can keep chatting while your training, you are wimping out, take it up a notch.

And, that's it, remember this is an experiment! If you want to give it a go, do it! If you do let me know what your results are! If you don't drop some fat, before you drop me an email look back at the six points above and if you can honestly say you stuck to them then drop me a note.

Finally, if you are as geeky as me you can purchase Ketosticks on amazon. If you stick to the rules above you should manage to reach a state of ketosis ( the Ketostick goes purple when you pee on it ) by day 3. This is where you want to sit for the remaining 11 days. Your body is in body fat meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment